Some people say I'm not a "music person". It may be sad, but probably true. I don't own more than 10 cds, and I don't listen to them often. I'm used to listening to the radio and though I recognise many of the songs and can even sing them, I never remember their names or the name of the band. It often happens to me that I feel like listening to music... but have no idea of what to listen. I think I dont't have a clue of what my taste in music is. However, music finds me... Sounds come to me, I mean, we can't shut our ears, right?. Sometimes it is a painfull experience (so many mediocre music around us) but now and then it can be very pleasurable. Some songs touch a sensible fiber in me, and I dance, I act in front of the mirror, I get goosebumps, I shead a tear, I think about my life.
The Great Pretender, by Buck Ram, originally interpreted by The Platters and by Freddy Mercury later, is a special song for me. It is the very first song I learned to play on the saxophone. Yes, I took sax lessons, for about a year when I was 12... never touched another instrument again.. maybe cause I realised I'm not a music person, mmmmm.
I remember the melody very well, but I think I've never payed much attention to the lyrics until today, when Eric sang it to me.
The Great Pretender
Lyrics and music by Buck Ram
Oh yes, Im the great pretender
Pretending that Im doing well
My need is such I pretend too much
Im lonely but no one can tell
Oh yes, Im the great pretender
Adrift in a world of my own
I play the game but to my real shame
You left me to dream all alone
Too real is this feeling of make believe
Too real when I feel when my heart cant conceive
Oh, yes, Im the great pretender
Just laughing and gay like a clown
I seem to be what Im not, you see
Im wearing my heart like a crown
Pretending that youre still around
Too real is this feeling of make believe
Too real when I feel when my heart cant conceive
Oh, yes, Im the great pretender
Just laughing and gay like a clown
I seem to be what Im not, you see
Im wearing my heart like a crown
Pretending that youre still around
185 Había una vez...
Hace 10 años.
1 comentario:
oh my godddddd
what a great surprise u turned your blog into a no-limits-no-distances-blog
I loved to find u r writting in english!!!
u said u r not a music person, u told me that b4, but I dunno why, I thought I would find u and eric at the beach boys concert last friday.
it´s true music always finds a way to reach our hearts and souls. and, at this issues we r so alike!
remember what happened at my appartment when we were talking about baccarat...
love and hugs to eric
Publicar un comentario